Terms and Conditions
Effective date: January 21, 2021
To avoid any misunderstandings here are our pupils’ terms and conditions, we have tried to make them as easy to read as possible for you:
At Insight2Drive Ltd, our driving instructors are all self-employed franchisees; therefore, we act as their agent, taking bookings and transferring payments across to them. The contract for driving lessons is between pupils and their instructors.
Once you have made a payment to us, we will forward the total amount to the driving instructor, after the first lesson has been conducted. In the event you would like a refund, please approach your instructor first. If you are unhappy with this, we recommend that you pay your instructor for each lesson individually, though you will not be able to take advantage of a block booking discount if you choose to pay per lesson.
- For your financial peace of mind and protection, you can pay for any block payments to Insight2Drive driving school online via Paypal. We cannot be held responsible for any large sum of cash payments you decide to pay to your instructor during your lessons.
- Insight2Drive instructors will provide the pupil with a dual controlled car, in a clean and roadworthy condition.
- All of Insight2Drive instructors will professionally represent themselves and be smart in appearance.
- Insight2Drive driving school has a strict, no smoking policy.
- Insight2Drive driving instructors will abide by an equal opportunity policy and will not discriminate against race, colour, creed, gender or sexual orientation etc.
Your Insight2Drive instructor is entitled to withdraw their car for the usage of your test, should they feel you are not ready. Your Insight2Drive instructor will always give you a minimum of 5 working days notice, providing you haven’t come to the instructor at short notice (less than five working days).
You are allowed to take your driving test if you do not pass a mock driving test, as long as your Insight2Drive instructor is confident you still have a reasonable chance of passing.
Very occasionally, instructors can become ill at short notice. In the event that this happens, we will endeavour to find you another instructor, but cannot guarantee anything at such short notice.
In the event the instructor’s car is not road worthy for your driving test, your instructor and Insight2Drive will do their utmost to find you a like for like vehicle. However, we cannot guarantee an identical vehicle.
If the DVSA examiner has declined to go out on test in your instructor’s car because it’s not roadworthy for any reason such as a nail in tyre or brake light not working, your driving instructor will pay for your replacement test.
In the event that you (the pupil) damage the car during the driving test, where the total repair cost is less than the instructor’s insurance excess, you will be required to pay for the damages to the car.
Please note, your instructor may charge additional fees on your driving test day.
Payments to your allocated instructor
Any block bookings paid to the instructor direct by cash or bank transfer is solely between the pupil and the franchised instructor. In the unlikely event you are unhappy or need help resolving an issue, you can contact the office, and we will try to help resolve the situation.
Like any type of cash purchase, you are entitled to ask for a receipt. Please ensure you ask for a receipt on the day of paying cash to the instructor. You must inform us immediately after the lesson if you haven’t obtained a receipt and would like one.
We cannot be held accountable for any cash/bank transfer payments made to your Insight2Drive instructor.
If you are experiencing difficulty with a cash/bank transfer refund from your instructor, Insight2Drive will try to assist on your behalf. In the event we can’t recover your money, we may refer you to the following so you can report and make a claim against your allocated instructor:
In some instances, where we believe your complaint is of a serious nature, we may ask you to report your complaint to the DVSA who are the organisation that decides whether a driving instructor is fit and proper to remain on the register. Once you have filed your complaint, we will endeavour to offer you a full/part refund in accordance with what we think is fair at the time. We may concur with the DVSA (with your permission) for their opinion on the matter before making a final decision.
If you have paid your driving instructor by cash or bank transfer, then your complaint should be against your self-employed instructor, not the driving school.
If you have paid Insight2Drive Ltd, then your money is protected, and you will receive a refund/part refund depending on the complaint and how many hours are still outstanding. If we ask you to put your complaint in writing to the DVSA, you should do this and CC us into the email: enquiries@Insight2Drive.com
By doing this, you help us and the DVSA take the necessary action against the self-employed instructor, which prevents this from happening to potential customers again.
First-time offers are available to new pupils joining Insight2Drive, you may only take 1 of these offers, and they cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers.
You are required to give a minimum of 48 hours’ notice to your instructor should you wish to cancel a lesson. Anything less than 48 hours and your instructor is entitled to charge you the normal lesson rate or the prorated amount if it’s a block booking, which includes the discount.
It is your responsibility to present your valid UK provisional driving license before the start of your first lesson. Failure to do so entitles the instructor to cancel any lessons you have booked within 48 hours, and you may be charged.
Insight2Drive cannot be responsible for any lesson/test cancellations due to mechanical breakdown or other emergencies such as illness/bereavement. We will endeavour to find a replacement vehicle/instructor as soon as possible, but this is not guaranteed.
Refund and Complaints Policy
A full refund for pre-booked lessons will only be issued if zero hours have been used and you have paid Insight2Drive direct. To receive a refund, you should contact us in writing within 30 days of the purchase date.
If you have purchased a product, you also have 30 days to return the item by recorded delivery to Insight2Drive, c/o The Big Padlock, Ellis Ashton Street, Huyton, Liverpool, L36 6BJ.
Once we have received the product/s a full refund will be given. Unfortunately, any products sent as PDF are non-refundable. Any online service is also non-refundable as files can be downloaded freely for your convenience.
In the unlikely event that you are not fully satisfied with a recent driving lesson with one of our instructors, please inform us of the reasons why, via email and forward to email@example.com. Once we have read your email we will contact you as quickly as possible.
When purchasing gift vouchers, please be aware they are valid for six months from the date of purchase. Once the first lesson has commenced, the learner has a further six months to complete the lessons from the gift voucher.
All pre-paid block booking offers are valid for six months from the date of purchase. If you have any issues commencing your first lesson within the 6-month time frame, then please notify us by email, we may be able to help you: firstname.lastname@example.org (so we have proof of your problems/circumstances). Unfortunately, if you contact us after the six months have expired, then you risk losing any remaining lessons.
Once you commence your first driving lesson from a pre-paid booking/gift voucher (which you have six months to book in), you then have a further six months to complete the remaining lessons with your allocated instructor.
If you experience difficulty booking in with your instructor for whatever reason, then you must put this in writing to us before your lessons expire to avoid disappointment.
If you book a block of lessons and are unable to continue with them, we can issue a credit note for your remaining lessons; which can be used with another Insight2Drive instructor. Block bookings are non-refundable unless zero hours have been used.
If you book an intensive course with Insight2Drive and you then choose to cancel before commencing any lessons – you will lose 50% of the course payment unless a minimum of 2 weeks notice is given. Your instructor has booked your lessons out in their diary and has committed to you. An intensive course requires a lot of planning. Driving instructors are self-employed franchisees, so the 50% deposit secures your lesson times in the instructor’s diary. If you have commenced an intensive course and you choose to cancel, then you will forfeit any remaining hours you have paid for.
Any special requirements about the instructor’s training vehicle, sex or training resources is a form of preference and should be stated when booking the first lesson, not after your first lesson.
If you have any problems or wish to raise a complaint, please consult your allocated Insight2Drive instructor first. If you are still unhappy, then put this in writing by email email@example.com. Please include your best contact number and we will contact you as soon as possible. If you have lessons outstanding and you would like a refund for the remaining lessons, please raise your concerns within the email and state why you wish to receive a refund for any remaining lessons. If you have paid your instructor directly by cash, then you should ask for a receipt for payment from the instructor. Please be aware Insight2Drive is not responsible for any monies exchanged between the instructor/s and pupils.
If your complaint is regarding your test preparation, please tell us in advance, not after your test, so that we can help you. This gives you and us the best possible chance of sorting it all out before you take the test.
Please understand that every instructor has their own way of teaching. If you have decided to seek a second opinion from another driving school and they disagree with our instructor’s teaching methods, it doesn’t always mean your new school is right. If you have any issues regarding your lessons, then please speak to your instructor or alternatively contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Offers and price changes
Insight2Drive are entitled to change driving tuition offers and prices at any time. Lesson prices are subject to change depending on location and whether you learn in an automatic or manual vehicle.
Any pre-payments are honoured at the selling price for four weeks after purchase date. The first lesson must be taken within four weeks of the purchase date to obtain the sale price. In the event, the sale has ended the customer will be required to pay the additional extra to the office or the instructor by cash, should they decide to start after four weeks.
For example, John Smith pays for 10 lessons @ £270 on 1st January 2021. John Smith doesn’t start his lessons until 20th March 2021. At this point, John will need to pay an extra £10 as the sale has ended and the block booking price is now £280.
If John is unhappy with the increase and didn’t read the terms and conditions, he is entitled to a full refund as long as zero hours have been used and it’s within six months of purchasing the lessons.
All lesson purchases to the company are valid for six months.
Use of Personal Information
Insight2Drive uphold and are in accordance with the Data Protection Act (1998) and GDPR.
Limitation of Liability
Insight2Drive Ltd and our franchised driving instructors are not liable to you (the pupil) for any loss or damage caused relating to any business interests such as lost profits, lost earnings, loss of opportunity/business or business interruption, including in no event liable for negligence or breach of statutory duty.
All of the content provided on this website such as information, logos and images relating to Insight2Drive as a company and the products/services provided, are displayed without any representation of a warranty being made. Whether it be implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, compatibility, non-infringement, accuracy and security. For what has been permitted by law exclusion of all terms and warranties are applied, whether directly or indirectly.
Insight2Drive does not represent the information provided being error-free and is not liable for any viruses or malware that the server may transmit between devices/users.
The Online Learning Resources are available free of charge to all Insight2Drive pupils online; please visit our Learning Resources.
You can access the driving videos and driving test tips online via our Learning Resources.
If you would like access to free theory training please contact us: email@example.com with your full name and your allocated Insight2Drive instructor. We will confirm your username and password.
Pupil Progress Package Terms and Conditions
Your instructor will give you a Pupil Progress pack and acceptance form which has an abridged version of the terms and conditions on the back. They will ask you to agree and sign them. These terms and conditions can be found here.
Mechanical car fault or physical damage to car within lesson
In the event that the teaching vehicle has a mechanical fault during the lesson, which could not be prevented, our Insight2Drive instructor will pass the remaining time left onto your next lesson. If this is not possible, they will offer a refund for the remaining minutes owed.
In the event that the car is damaged due to driver error from the pupil, any time spent resolving the issue will count as the pupil’s lesson time.
For example: if the pupil hits the kerb on a road and damages the alloy/punctures a tyre, the pupil will lose any remaining minutes it takes to change the tyre. The instructor will not charge the pupil for the damages – only lesson time may be lost.
ADI Training Terms & Conditions
If you’re doing driver instructor training with us, you can view the general terms and conditions here.
If you have purchased driving lessons with Insight2Drive and you are unable to continue your lessons as a result of coronavirus (COVID-19), don’t worry, we will issue you a credit note so you can start or recommence your remaining lessons when you feel healthier or have finished your self-isolation time. All you have to do is email us at insight2drive.com with the following details:
- Your full name
- Phone number
- Date of initial purchase
- Reason for postponement
- Anticipated/estimated return date:
These terms are valid for payments from 15th October 2019 to 1st May 2021.
Any postponements in writing will be given a credit note with a 6-month extension to recommence the lessons/services paid for.
We cannot be accountable for any payments made to your driving instructor directly. In this instance, we advise that you contact your instructor directly by text message or email. Always obtain a receipt from your instructor whenever you make any cash payments to avoid confusion or misunderstandings later.
Terms & Conditions Pupil Progress
These are the terms & conditions found on the back of Insight2Drive’s Pupil Progress pack and Appointment Cards.
- Please make payments to your allocated instructor.
- Insight2Drive’s cannot be held responsible for any monies paid to the franchised instructor. This contract is between the pupil and the franchised instructor.
- If you have pre-paid Insight2Drive please be aware that after your first lesson the money may be transferred to your allocated instructor.
- Any future queries regarding monies is then between your allocated instructor and yourself. If you are unhappy with this, please pay your instructor per lesson and not upfront. You will not be entitled to any block booking discounts should you choose to pay per lesson.
- You are required to give a minimum of 48 hours’ notice to your instructor should you wish to cancel a lesson. Anything less than 48 hours, your instructor is entitled to charge you for the hours cancelled. It is at their discretion if they don’t charge you.
- Your Insight2Drive instructor is entitled to withdraw their car for the usage of your test should they feel you are not ready. Your Insight2Drive instructor will always give you a minimum of 5 working days’ notice, providing you haven’t come to the instructor at short notice (less than 5 working days).
- Insight2Drive cannot be held responsible for lesson cancellations due to mechanical breakdown, but will endeavour to find a replacement vehicle as soon as possible.
- Insight2Drive instructors will provide the pupil with a dual controlled car in a clean and road worthy condition.
- All Insight2Drive instructors will represent themselves in a professional manner and they should be of a smart appearance.
- Insight2Drive has a strict no smoking policy.
- Insight2Drive driving instructors will abide by an equal opportunity policy and will not discriminate against race, colour, creed, gender or sexual orientation etc.
- Any block booking lessons not fulfilled within 6 months of the first lesson recorded on this progress card may be lost.
- It is up to you and your instructor to keep a record of your lessons. If you lose this progress card, you are losing a receipt for how many lessons you have had in the past and your current progress status. Please keep this in a safe place!
- We do not offer a refund on block bookings unless zero hours have been used. If you are unsure about your future driving lessons in any way – we recommend you pay your instructor on a pay as you go basis.
- If you have a complaint, please consult your allocated Insight2Drive instructor first.
- If you are still unhappy then please contact us in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will aim to respond during working hours (9am-5pm, Monday to Friday).
- If your complaint is of an urgent matter, please call the office 0800 077 8258, we may also ask you to put this in an email to avoid any confusion.
- If your complaint is regarding your test preparation then please tell us in advance so we can help you and have the best possible chance of sorting it all out before your test. Please do not leave it until after your test to raise a complaint regarding your test preparation.